The Governing Body can access their Sharepoint area, by clicking here.
Parent Governor Vacancies
Highfields School currently has vacancies for two elected parent governors on the school’s governing board. If you would like to stand for election, please read the information sheet ‘Could you become a parent governor?’
In all types of schools, governing boards should have a strong focus on three core strategic functions:
• ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction;
• holding the headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its students, and the performance management of staff; and
• overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent.
There is an expectation that on election you will be willing to:
• undertake appropriate induction training;
• prepare for and attend all meetings regularly;
• undertake further training to develop your skills.
If you would like to receive an information pack on becoming a parent governor, please contact Jacqui Wheatcroft via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Nominations will need to be received in school by 12 noon on Friday 23 October. If there are more than two nominations, an election will be held and ballot papers will be circulated to all parents/carers to be returned within five school days of issue.
If you have any questions about whether or not you are eligible to stand or vote in the election or about anything else contained within this letter, please contact Jacqui Wheatcroft.
The role of the Governors is to help the school provide the best possible education for students by:
• Setting the school’s values, vision and strategic aims, agreeing plans and policies, and making creative use of resources
• Monitoring and evaluating performance, acting as a critical friend to the Headteacher to support and challenge them in managing the school
• Ensuring that the school is accountable to the children and parents it serves, to its local community, to those who fund and maintain it, as well as to the staff it employs.
The Governing Body can consist of a maximum of 16 Governors, split as follows, each with a term of office of four years:
• 4 Parent Governors
• 1 LA Governor
• 1 Staff Governor
• 1 Headteacher
• 9 Co-opted Governors
Most queries about the management of Highfields School and the progress of any individual child should be directed in the first instance to the school itself, but we or other Governors will be happy to answer any more general questions, particularly in relation to the role of the Governing Body. Letters directed to us should be sent to the Clerk to Governors at school for our attention.