Highfields Parents, Teachers & Friends Association
Who are we?
A friendly, committed and caring group of parents (past and present) teachers and staff. Everyone who has an interest in the success and wellbeing of students at our school is very welcome.
What do we do?
Raise money to support a wide variety of projects and activities across all year groups. In particular we try to support projects that provide enrichment opportunities and promote wellbeing.
How do we do it?
Providing refreshments at school events, organising raffles, asking local businesses for donations.
What have we achieved?
With generous donations and support for our events we have provided funds towards:
- Enhanced photography equipment in art
- Samba Drums, microphones and other musical equipment
- Laser printer at Upper Site
- Wellies and waterproofs for students on geography field trips
- Presentation Boards to celebrate the school productions as well as new outdoor seating
- German language DVDs
- New blogging equipment for film studies
- An iPad and handball equipment for the PE department
- Bereavement counselling
- Enrichment activities and clubs for students struggling with their mental health
- As well as many other projects and activities.
How can you help?
Come to the social for new parents following the AGM; Tuesday 10th October Lumsdale site 6pm. This meeting would provide new members with a chance to hear a little more detail about what we do, the formalities will last no more than an hour and we plan to go for a drink afterwards.
Donate to further support the amazing work the school is doing for our children. If you feel able to give any amount of money, then please use this link to donate to the PTFA. Please feel free to share this link with family, friends and the wider Highfields community.
Support the events that take place in school throughout the year.